From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Peter Madsen
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:40 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydrophone systems

Jay,

-and others of you fine people who knows things...!

Kraka is slim - exactly 1.0 meters hull diameter - thats is just less than four feet...and I have ordered two hydrophones of the Dolphin Ear type. These are really intended for any type of experinent - but my intention was to things:

Place a single hydrophone in front af of deflector - like a parabol - or place one hydrophone on each side of the hull, with a sterio type amplyfier and headsets...now - what do you think my chancer are to improve my acustic perception of the world around the sub compared to todays method - ysing my human ears inside tyhe subs pressure hull ?

What ever the results I will post them here for psubbers to use. Any ideas are welcome.

Regards,

Peter