To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 6:01 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Newbie

Hi Everyone

I am also new to this and certainly not at your level (yet) :)

I am rather advanced in my first attempt at an ambient sub (later perhaps ....). But I have one question I would like to pose.

In my design I am maintianing the VOLUME of air (the bubble bit) as I descend and by inflating and then flushing on the ascend. I have calculated the amount of ballast required for the 'bubble' (calculated at 1ATM) but it now dawns on me that this ballast would double every 10m of depth?!? Is this the case? If so the tensile strength of the sub would have to roughly treble (plus safety) for a 20m dive!!

Can anyone advise if this is the case.

many thanks
Raoul

Share folders without harming wildlife! http://www.communicationevolved.com/en-za/