[PSUBS-MAILIST] Passive sonar at the convention

I just received a nice package of literature and hardware from David regarding the passive sonar.  I will bring it to the convention and be willing to give a short presentation on his design and construction and ideas on implementing a setup which will allow directional sensing.   I've already tried one of the transducers in my fish pond in the back yard, hooked up to a cheap karaoke machine for amplification.  I does pick up the sound of the waterfall and when I tap a rock on the sidewalk beside the pond, you can hear it quite well.   David send some very nice literature which I'll pass out at the convention.   As he says, this is not the final answer to psub passive sonar, but a place to start the experimentation, research and discussion.   As a prior navy sub guy, he has some practical knowledge and experience.

A side note....  I put it up against my stomach and.... eewww     I could hear my intestines gurgling!

Gene Seus

See what's free at AOL.com.