Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New project

In a message dated 5/9/2007 11:33:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time, antoine.delafargue@gmail.com writes:
I d have to eat lots of cheese to feed bacteria that could produce say a 1L/day of pure methane.
Giving me at best 35kJ worth of energy or 30W for 20minutes, I won t go far!!

Antoine

Well that is a good start and going green is good .... so nothing wrong with some natural fuel or maybe even a hybrid feature.....

 Anyway,  if anyone can let me know of any Psubers that are in located on Long Island NY that have an interest in rehabbing a crude K250 based model that would be great.

This was a high school project 25 years ago  - that worked and was then donated to an air, sea and space museum. Now off display and ready for restoration -  it is in good shape structurally, would need new mechanics - this would be a really good project for someone that does not want to start from scratch. We originally used two modified electric off the shelf outboard motors by Johnson 28lbs of thrust each. No safety features - the hatch opened from the outside only and a diver was needed on the outside which was our "built out" safety feature. The sub only went down a few times before we donated it and then went off to school.

So if anyone out there wants to help, I can give more details and send  photos.

James

See what's free at AOL.com.