From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of djackson99@aol.com
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 12:22 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Glass microspheres idea

Thanks Rob

Avoiding the epoxy increases the buoyancy and decreases the cost and make it easier to build to a custom shape that can be easily detached from the structure.  The water pressure will be equal on all sides of the container, the walls of the container will push against the 10000 psi spheres and the air between the spheres is prevented from compressing and hence provides more buoyancy.  The assumption I am making is that 10000 psi glass bubbles can survive at least 1500 psi when the load is applied through the wall contact points with their neighbors.  --Doug J