Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Modeling

Hello again Les. Nice to hear from you. Tell Marki I said Hi. Thanks for the invitation to the convention, and I'm looking forward to seeing you both again.
This was the old model I used for flow testing back when I was searching for a hull configuration.
I had a couple more shapes and this is the one I finally decided on.
It pulls pretty smooth through water, and floats nice and stable. I weighted it to match the scale of 1/8 th and the difference in pull versus a tubular shape with hemi ends was negligible.
I'm still refining the ballast tank shape. ( More models )
It's a lot easier to visualize when I can hold one in my hand rather than just drawing it.
I've been looking at magnetic couplers for awhile, and when I have something to share, I'll put it up.
I see real possibilities there for leak proof motors.
Good to hear from you. Frank D.

See what's free at AOL.com.