Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Serious Steel

Hello Brent. That is indeed some serious steel. I would suggest you sit inside before plunking down your money though. 39 inches is pretty small. It would be fine if you were planning on lying down in it, but sitting may be a problem.
I've been in 36, 42, and 52 inch subs, and the last was definitely the best. Even at that size, you are sitting with your head in the tower. It's kinda hard to see out the front window unless you crawl forward and get up close to it. Kinda like tunnel vision unless you get up close.
I would suggest doing a mock-up of any size or shape you were contemplating. It can be as simple as a cardboard "thing" glued together. Just something to give you an idea of how the inside will look, and fit your style.
I built a wire frame and cardboard mock-up of several shapes and sizes before I even started seriously designing my hull. That's how I ended up with the different shape ( flattened sphere ) because I wanted to be able to sit side by side with my passenger, or center and close to the window.
It's cheap, easy, and really gives you a good feel for what the inside will be like.
I used it for planning the placement of batteries, tanks, controls, seats, and windows, until it got rained on and went to hell...Frank D.