RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New detailed pictures of the Marlin S1 01 sub in Seattle, Wa

Very...very interesting Brent, thank you.

I found several things about this interesting. One, obviously the limiting component, would have to be that wrap-around view port but, what a view. Submanaut from 56', had a similar arrangement http://www.psubs.org/old_pic/Submanaut.html

The panel in the sail, has a three level indicator for the MBT. I wonder about the necessity of this but, see it as attention to detail of the designer.

The dive planes appear mechanically linked, if there is an actuator, it's hidden.

The deck casing vent holes, are simple, small, and well placed. I've been wondering how to deal with this on Alvin Jr. and, will look at this some more.

The stainless steel rods in the sail, give me ideas for exostructure attach points.

The diamond plate non-skid is most likely steel plate here but, I wonder about existing products that may be available to adhere to composites.

The forward acrylic view port, looks deceptively simple in it's placement and attachment to the hull, I just have to look at this some more, K-sub visibility appears to be a bit lacking.

And finally, look what is used for transport. I wonder what an older used flatbed car carrier would go for? Looking at this, I can see how one could transport the submersible on the flatbed, and tow your surface boat on a trailer at the same time! Of course, you need a marina lift at launch but, as Jay pointed out...your'e not using the thing every weekend now are you?

Thanks Brent, a very informative post!

Joe