To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 5:41 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Phase One: Completed today

Today is one of those memorable moments since I first seriously started looking at this as a real possibility. That very first post of mine to the psubs list about an ambient boat, was the night Wilma hit us in November 05, so I remember it well.

I remember well Paul Kreemer and Dan H, teaching me a lesson about the realities of submersing large volumes of air.

I remember well a post by Jay Jeffries in Feb of last year convincing me of just how little I knew about this subject, that by March I had enrolled in a serious course of study, and abandoned the ambient concept in favor of a 1 atm design.

So today, I am sufficiently satisfied with this conceptual phase of the process, to now proceed to serious detail design of individual components.

http://www.prismnet.com/~moki/20070212.142447/AlvinXJr.jpg

I have also been giving much thought as to how I would like to use the sub, and what activities I would like to pursue into eventual retirement. To that end, the final decals you see here will attest to Alvin Jr's environmental conscientiousness.

Thanks to all of you who leant a hand to a newbie sub plebe in that Nov 05 post, to be able to get this far.

Joe Perkel

Miami, Florida

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG