Van: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] Namens MerlinSub@t-online.de
Verzonden: maandag 29 januari 2007 21:36
Aan: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Onderwerp: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fiberglass Hull

I take a look in that boat yesterday on the Düssedorf Boat show.
Onne single seater and one double seater in production.

Its fiberglas and rate to 50 meter with a saftey factor of about 5.

The two seater is funny. To pressure hull, one for each person in one
outside
casing - but no conections between both pilots hulls - maybe a cable
intercom.

Fiber dont rust - but under longer water exposure and without a good
protecion surface its gets "wet" and can lost 30% or so of it strength..

regards Carsten

<ShellyDalg@aol.com> schrieb:
> Hi guys. Don't the new boats from C-Questor built in the Netherlands have
an
> FRP hull?
> I can't remember how deep they go, but fiberglass is pretty easy to work
> with, and doesn't rust.
> My big worry would be the cycle fatigue after many dives.
> Cracks or weak spots are hard to find in any material, but a steel hull
> would give you more warning if a problem starts.
> I would think a nice thick FRP hull, with steel rings bonded on the
inside,
> would be more labor to make, harder to add to, but easier to make into a
sleek
>  shape than a steel one.
> I favor the idea of a steel pressure hull, smoothed out with fiberglass
> fairings, and even fiberglass ballast tanks.
> Fiberglass(FRP) is pretty strong, until you run into something. It
> definitely doesn't like dents.
> Frank D.

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG