Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fiberglass Hull

There are more to it than just a percentage ratio between a cylinders
capability to withstand internal and external pressure. For example:
A long thin cylinder is capable of taking 100 bar internal pressure.
The external pressure this could handle would vary by it's length.
Also what kind of caps in the ends would matter a great deal.

There are standards that tells you how to calculate this in a proper
way. never guess !!!

For steel hulls: ABS rules building and classing underwater vehicles