Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fiberglass Hull

Hi guys. Don't the new boats from C-Questor built in the Netherlands have an FRP hull?
I can't remember how deep they go, but fiberglass is pretty easy to work with, and doesn't rust.
My big worry would be the cycle fatigue after many dives.
Cracks or weak spots are hard to find in any material, but a steel hull would give you more warning if a problem starts.
I would think a nice thick FRP hull, with steel rings bonded on the inside, would be more labor to make, harder to add to, but easier to make into a sleek shape than a steel one.
I favor the idea of a steel pressure hull, smoothed out with fiberglass fairings, and even fiberglass ballast tanks.
Fiberglass(FRP) is pretty strong, until you run into something. It definitely doesn't like dents.
Frank D.