From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org on behalf of George Slaterpryce
Sent: Thu 1/4/2007 2:05 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Thrust from a pump?

I always assumed that oil/pressure compensating just transfered the
compression stress from the can to the components, 'swhy I've stuck
everything in preasure cans or designed, designing, built, building
magcoupled thrusters, sure you have to deal with slippage and a little bit
more expensive (a lot more if you don't either have friends with a well
stock machine shop or a machine shop yourself) but it's the best solution
for me. Might I suggest you look into stuff like this?

George H. Slaterpryce III
www.bridgessoftware.com
www.captovis.com