Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] water jet

Jon, A scuba diver could stop the saucer if he was braced on the bottom. It was good in still water, but not in currents. And, of course, no one else ever used it, which ought to say something. Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: jon@psubs.org
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:35 AM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] water jet

Yep, that's what I recall as well.  At 1,000 feet you probably don't want to be going too much faster anyway lest you bump into an unseen obstruction and ruin your day.  The slow speed is probably a virtue when using the sub for research purposes, however I wonder if in some parts of the world it would be able to hold its own against a strong current.