[PSUBS-MAILIST] hydrolic drive idea

 someone mentioned that hydraulic drive sys being loud inside the sub. is this true? and if this is true could the noise be reduced by mounting the motor and pump on rubber mounts and insulating? still considering hydraulic instead of sealed assembly "I have found a bolt up solution in granger catalog". many have said that they get plenty of power from the hydraulic system. efficientcy for extended use is more my concern.