Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Purpose of psubs.org?

Hi Pierre,

PSUBS is a community focused on submersibles. On the
www.psubs.org main page the mantra is:

    To promote and encourage the discussion, design,
    construction, certification, ownership and use of
    Personal Submersibles.

However PSUBS does not exist on its own. Like "The
Government", "Upper Management" or "Oregon Sheep
Growers Association" nothing gets done without people.
PSUBS has a group of people with many, many other
interests and occasionally those interests get shared
out.

While it is my assumption that all members of PSUBS
only post relevant messages I am tolerant for the
occasional slips, intentional or not. Mostly because I
do not want to spend my time to moderating this site.

Partly because ones definition of what is relavant is
not necessarly everyones. For instance the
conventions. The emails organinzing any of the
conventions are not "purely for technical discusion"
of submersibles. Yet very relavant for this group.
Where is the line? A gray line at times.

My ground rules for off topic mails are:

1. The person who sends the off topic mail says it is
"off topic". "Off topic" in the subject line is
prefered.

2. All responses are taken off line.

3. It only happens occasionally.

4. Nothing vulgar.

5. The person ceases and desists upon reminder mails.

Failure to comply can lead to someone getting the boot
off the alias.

Regards,
Ray

--- Marie-Andrée et Pierre