Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Drift dives

Hi,

I did some checking and found this site:
http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/OCEAN_PLANET/HTML/ben_franklin.html

The Ben Franklin had propulsion and could do 4 knots.
Any sub one might consider for drift diving should
have propulsion for all the wonderful reasons pointed
out.

I think the key for a drift sub would be livability. A
stock K-250 would be just too small. A K-350 would be
the minimum size possible. You can lay down, sleep,
eat MRE's, and poop into baggies. Well maybe livable
is too generous a term. Survivable more like it.

Take enough consumables like O2 tanks, CO2 absorbant,
battery power, food and water and the pilot can last
as long as they can stand it.

Regards,
Ray

=== message truncated ===