[PSUBS-MAILIST] More Dehumidifier

The more I think about it, the more I think that you can dispense with the sodium polyacrylate.

Natural condensation can be captured in a well or bottle of some sort and doesn't necessarrily have to be held in a gel like form. The sodium polyacrylate would work wonders in a filter situation (I.E. made part of a normal air filter device) but if you're going to build a purpose built dehumidifier, then all you need to do is chill the surfaces you want to have condensation and then capture the water resulting from that in a well later. Again, it wouldn't have to be as powerful as an air conditioning unit, just cooling enough to keep it's internal condensation catalyst surfaces cool.

George H. Slaterpryce III
www.captovis.com