Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sodium Polyacrylate

this is much like the same crystals they have begun to use in long term cat litter box use. is very effective as it only has to be changed once a month. it works very well but I did read the rates of human presperation through resperation. the rate seems kinda high. I can see the prob in p-subs and as my sub design is going to be for extended submerged use life support and dehumidifiers interest me. have you looked at the screen design? and do you think it will help?

-----Original Message-----
From: groplias2@yahoo.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 2:06 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sodium Polyacrylate

I found an other common dehydrant that is silica gel that is cheap. You can find it in many products that need to be dry in transport. It can absorb about 40% of water in weight but it can be reused if dried at 150°C for about 2 hours.  The ones wich are blue are very toxic so it is not advisable to use tehm in a closed system like a submarine.
Best wishes
Jürgen

Do you Yahoo!?