From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Brian Cox
Sent: Saturday, 2 September 2006 7:23 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Drift dives

Dan,

         You are right, there is really not very many compelling reasons to do it.  For all the effort that you would put into making such a vessel you might as well build a sub.  If you used it as an underwater habitat and you also had a sub then I could see it having a purpose.  The only way you could move it around would be to drag it though the water with a boat.  Or you could wait until winter when the currents reverse and then travel the opposite direction.  I tried posting a picture of a model of a "drift" sub but I think I screwed up on the correct address.  I'll try to post on the the moki and post a link.

Brian