Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Need help with math

I found the best books to quickly learn math are the "Demystified" books.  They have "Algebra Demystified", trig., calculus, geometry, etc.  For sub. design (or any design for that matter) I'd say Geometry is the most important.  Algebra as well for calculating thermodynamics, etc.
Much of the geometry stuff you'd need though is found in the i-net as far as formulas go, so if you have a basic understanding you're fine.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:10 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Need help with math

Hi everybody,

A while ago I asked for some help learning how to do the math one needs to make a design.  I asked for some reference materials do this sort of thing.  I saw the list of technical books that was posted here and I am grateful for that but we don't have any of those books in the local library.  So I am back with my original question.

Is there any easy way to learn how to do the math necessary to create a submarine design?  Maybe a software program or something like that?  This is what is holding me back right now and I could use some help understanding which way to go.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all and keep up the good work.  I enjoy reading what you guys write and find it very interesting.

Ross Donato