Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ventilation flow rates (air)

Hello,
  I haven't looked in my NOAA manual, isn't that 4 CFM, per man, per atmosphere? If you are in a 1ATM submarine it shouldn't matter.

  Bob

SFreihof@aol.com wrote:
Someone here recently inquired about the air flow requirements for adequate ventilation. The NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) Dive Manual I have (c. 1975) refers to recompression chamber ventilation as follows:

QUOTE>>
When breathing air in chamber:
a.  2 scfm (standard cubic feet per minute) for each man at rest.
b.  4 scfm for each man not at rest.
<<END QUOTE

I would expect cabin ventilation requirements to be equivalent to chamber requirements.  Boyle's law will dramatically affect consumption calculations in ambient subs.

Stan

The only easy day was Yesterday.