Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] fairings drag vrs entrained mass

I think I've hit on why fairing might be a larger concern for me:.
I'm hoping to build a VERY small ambient machine.. about 800 kg. So
plugging on an extra 100 kg of water (which isn't really very much,
equivalent to a fairing space of about 20 wine casks..) has just boosted
the mass I need to accelerate (and overall momentum!) by more than 10%.

I think that in my case, it's better to streamline the hull (not a
pressure hull in my case. not a 'real' one anyhow), than to patch on big
gobs of sheeting.
I have a rhino-generated 3-d picture somewhere on moki I think..

EM.