Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] A submariner's eulogy.

Bill,

Heroes come in many shapes and sizes, but are recognized more often by children than by grown-ups. Our fathers, whoever they may be, fill the requirement handily. They set the standards by which we live our lives. As did theirs before them. They didn't head out to be heroes, but when the need arose, they responded through their own fear and frailties--and their success carried through. Their is a certain confidence born of the self assurance and plain old competence that comes from the knowledge that when you must, then you can. We are lucky to have known a generation of such men--our fathers. And I think we all share your grief, and honor the memories. Thank you for sharing.

With Deepest Sympathies,
Vance Bradley