Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:27 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] rocket fuel

guys

    today is rocket day and will be luanching a 15 lb v2 copy expect to reach an altitude of 6000 ft. i know this is off subject but i remember the sub that used rocket motors for a gas generator for the emergency ballast. i was wondering if anyone did pressure study on rocket motors to see if they were stable under pressure. my thought is that they are self oxidizing and desinged around an internal pressure of about 200 lbs. while external pressure should not mater in the combustion, i have seen enough of these thing go boom that i would like to see some testing before using. the report from the guy that used this system from a shallow depth was that it was deafening.

rick m