[PSUBS-MAILIST] Composite Hull Calculations

Ok... I've long been gathering info. etc. of prospective hull designs for a particular style of "submarine" I'm thinking of at the very least drawing plans for.  Issue I'm having at this time of course is strength.  I've opted to use a contractor to build a good Carbon-steel shell for me (my father is in the vacuum tank business), as they can be relatively inexpensive.  HOWEVER, it gets pricey when you get anything over 1/8" thickness.  1/4" seems the sweet spot, although I've seen 3/8" as well.   Even still, this isnt enough, and typically tank manufacturers dont use 537 steel in their construction.

My PLAN was to simply use the shell as a template to lay carbon fiber over.  The more I thought about it, the more it made sense.  Not only would the CF protect the steel from the elements, but it's also stronger, albeit ridiculously buoyant.  The other negative is you cant get adequate EM signals out of anything made from the stuff, so this means many through-hulls :(     All in all, a good tradeoff if you asked me.   My ideas to get around the buoyancy issue is simply designing it as a lead-lined double hull.  In my mind, I'm thinking super easy to construct although there are many steps (the nature of composite construction), but ridiculously strong and reliable.  As well, it could be more easily broken-down for xport or drydock.  The outer-hull would be ambient.

Anyways, I'm having trouble dealing with the darn math.  I have HullCalc, but it's only setup for steel and I'm having trouble even getting specs. on various steel chemistry that I could easily plug into the program.  Does anyone know of a good all-around prog. to calculate this stuff?  And where's a good place to find the material specs. to plug into the programs?

Thanks
Shawn