De: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] En nombre de Dan H.
Enviado el: miércoles, 02 de noviembre de 2005 9:31
Para: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Asunto: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] minn kota 2 hp

Daniel,
On my K-350, I have three motors, pretty much as the original plans.  Most
of the time I only use the side thrusters, and my side thrusters are only
3/4 Hp.

When on the surface, if I want more speed, I turn on my 2 Hp rear thruster.
I can vary the speed of it, but surfaced, I usually use it on full speed.
Once it's on, there is no reason to bother with the controls so my hands are

back on the both side thruster controls where I can turn them on full speed
also and use them to help stay on course.  Note, my side thrusters are only
on and off, so I have to pulse them to control the subs speed

Submerged, traveling near the bottom, I rotate my side thrusters to an up or

down position and leave them there.   I use only my rear thruster for
forward backward propulsion.  I have it turned way down to a very slow speed

so I can go slowly.  If I'm getting to high or to close to the bottom, I
give a quick burst of power to one of my side thrusters.  You don't need to
be in full control of each thruster all of the time as you may think.

The sub just floats there and all it takes is a little burst of push to get
it moving in the direction you want.  Much of the time, your actually
drifting between powered times.  After all, it's more like a boat on water
then a car on land.

Hope this helps, Dan H.