From: Jim Pesanka
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Needlefish for Sale on E-Bay

Hi Bill,

The Psubs picture gallery has many pictures of the R.V. Needlefish.  It also won the Psubs award for "best new design" a few years ago.

Gifford must have invested a huge amount of time and money, and it must have some special significance to him because he dedicated it to his father and other submariners of World War II.  All that considered, I'm surprised he's selling it.

Cheers!

Jim

Akins <lakins1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
Hi Myles.

Here's the link to the R.V. Needlefish. The most impressive propane tank sub I have ever seen. This one is sturdy with reinforcement rings.

The first link is for the e bay ad. The second link is for his marina site with many links about the sub and hundreds of month by month progress pictures that

show the beginning and entire progress of the sub's construction. Impressive.

Click on the many dates from 2001 to 2004 to see the progress. She is beautiful. Current bid is $30,000.00 with reserve NOT met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REPLICA-U-BOAT-WWII-Midget-Sub-Diesel-Elec-Submarine_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26434QQitemZ4586183044QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://giffordmarineinc.com/

Electric wetsub Bill.

(That's better than an electric bill!)