Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Nemo's Nautilus Concept Plan

Great description of your design.  You mention a surface displacement of 10,000lb.  I wonder about submerged displacement, how low you can get it.  Would you have floodable bow and stern sections to leave a smaller dry cabin?

I found that the 1896 Simon Lake Argonaut is your same length overall at 36' and it has a displacement of 59 tons. The Argonaut was mostly a 1atm vessel, shallow diving and kind of a mobile dive chamber with wheels and a prop.  This isn't a great match for comparison with your design but I thought the overall size and displacement were interesting.

http://www.geocities.com/gwmccue/Competition/Argonaut.html

Paul