Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] floatation

comercial tested syntantic foam is about 10 dollars a pound of lift.

assuming 60 dollars a gallon for resin and using tested fillers at 25 dollars a pound it still cost about 10 dollars a pound for lift to make it your self.. figure wholesale pricing could get that down to 5 to 6 dollars a pound. and when you need 1500 pound of lift this is starting to get expensive. ----- Original Message ----- From: <drewacard@charter.net>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 6:03 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] floatation

Glass Micro Spheres
Made of crush-resistant hollow glass, these micro-sized spheres displace four to six times their weight in most resins. Spheres are used as a filler when added to completely mixed epoxy resin and hardener. Supplied in a 1-lb. bag. 1414T36 Each $14.98

I think I posted this before???

http://www.mcmaster.com/
part number 1414T36
4-6 lbs of float per lb