Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Another nutcase here.

Hi Joe.

Like you, I'm into aviation also. I host a site for the Florida Aviation Historical Society and it's sister site

The Warbird Recovery Team. The FAHS made me the director of the Warbird Recovery Team where we

go out searching the gulf close to where I live looking for crashed WW2 aircraft wrecks. We had a lot of training

crashes in the gulf in this area during the war. I have a buddy in my dive club that has some coordinates

for some sunken wings we are going to check out soon. We did a recovery several years ago on a crashed

P51 mustang. Check out the two sites. Since you are into aviation  and subs you might especially like the

Warbird Recovery site. I've always wanted to build myself a Bensen gyrocopter because they are so cheap and

simple (relatively) to build, but with my wetsub project and everything else I don't think I would have the time plus

even though they are short take off and pretty easy to fly, they can be dangerous and my wife would be worried sick

with me flying one of those little eggbeaters. An intersting thing about the bensen gyrocopters is they were actually

invented and used by the kreigsmarine aboard U boats. They would bring them out and fly them off the back of the sub

like a kite to see enemy ships they couldn't see otherwise. Those models were unpowered and the rotors just freewheeled.

Here's the two links I mentioned.......