Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Interior low level lighting

Yes I sealed everything totally. you should not need any cooling on standard LED?s there are a few that do need cooling they are called Star LED?s and XLamp  they run at between 1 and  5 watt's and are more prone to failure.
For internal sub lighting I would run super bright LED?s typically they run draw around .02 amps each. And come in red, white, blue, green, purple, uv and any color you want about 250 of these will out put the same brightness as a 100W light in a standard house lamp.

If you do run 250 super bright led at 20mA at 6 volts it will draw 30 watts and about 5 amps so a 100AH 6 volt battery will run for 20 hours

The only down side of sealing LED?s in plastic is replacement you will have to replace the whole assembly when they burn out in about 100000 hours of continuous use.:)

Check out www.superbrightleds.com

Andy

PS: the white led's are kinda on the blue side.