Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 3:34 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor pods

Hello every one, this time I enter the forum with another question, I have purchased Minn kota`s motors for my k-350 and I have modified the motor pods to fit these new motors. Right now I?m doing a pressure test to the pod, (the pod is empty), to be sure that all modifications I did works ok, I know I didn?t have to use these pods but I did it to preserve the original design, you?ll see,  I have modified the motors pods in the inside but I respected all external designs. Also the motors I bought aren?t very strong (in construction, I mean) so I wanted to keep the pods because I?m a inexperience pilot and I might hit something down there,  the thing is, that my sub is being built to go down aprox. 100 meters that?s about 150 psi; I?m doing this test at 300 psi with a safe factor 2 to 1, is that enough? I mean I don?t want to exaggerate with the pressure because my test chamber is very weak and if I need to go higher I will need to reinforce it. Please let me know what you think.. Thanks