To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 4:43 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Rocket powered submarine, etc

Hey Alan

sorry about the long mail i hope this helps

Because it would be running from H and O drawn
from the water, it would/could/should never run out of fuel.

If your talking about decompressing the water to get the gasses out that
are dissolved in it:
There is a fair amount of oxygen in water however as far as I know there
is only miniscule amounts of hydrogen dissolved in water. Realistically by
far not enough of either.

A machine would be on board the submarine to
separate the two gasses.

So you are probably talking about electrolysis - this woks by giving a
molecule the same amount of energy as it released when its components
reacted with each other thereby forming the bond(s) that hold it
together - the end effect is that you have its components in this case
H+H+O (your fuel). The obvious problem is WHERE is the energy coming from
that is used to separate the water in the first place. There are several
methords or splitting molecules however they all require a potential
energy input of some kind.

I know that this question was asked once before, but how much air
does one adult human need in an hour?

I am going to look for some proven average figures here because there have
been several different answers to the question. "how much oxygen dose one
adult human consume in t"

has anyone here made there own sonar set up?

It is possible to make your own however there are some very interesting
products to be found online. The most flexible are probably the emitter
receiver kits that you plug into a computer. Using the (normally) provided
software you get a three dimensional view of the readings - meaning that
the distances are colour coded (not 3d glasses that allow the image to
jump out at you !!!(If you find suchlike then pleas tell me))
:)

Some suggestions:

Gas turbine (fuel production)
A good example would be a diesel electric. The sub travels along the
surface powered by a powerful diesel motor that is also used to power
several alternators the electricity is then used to power several
electrolysis cells that produce your fuel. Your fuel is stored in high
pressure tanks ready to be used by your gas turbine.

Fuel cells:
As far as I know no one on this list has made a fuel cell powered sub. The
advantages for you would be that in combination with an electric motor
they are more efficient and cheaper than a gas turbine. If u want a fast
sub then for example a 1000hp (746kw) electric set up. If you are not
familiar with this technology then do a search on "Fuel cells" or wait 20
years then buy a car.
             :)

silky ---- vbmsT ---- :P

Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
http://desktop.msn.de/ Jetzt gratis downloaden!

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 311