From: Jon Wallace <jon@psubs.org>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:51:53 -0400
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] convention

Hello all...

Apologies for delayed information on the convention. The convention is being held August 20 in Manchester, NH.

Location:
Courtyard by Marriot
700 Huse Road
Manchester, NH 03103

We will meet in the conference room (there is only one) at 8am. Room rates are not confirmed at this point for the Courtyard ($109/night is their standard rate), however we have a block of rooms available at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel (about 2 miles away from the Courtyard) for $89.00/night.

This year we'll take a slightly different approach and plan on a half day of lectures from various individuals, and then spend the other half with informal discussion amongst participants. This is based upon feedback from last year's convention.

There are numerous other hotels/motels to stay at per your particular budget. I recommend a search engine, or if you have specific needs let me know and I'll search out something for you. Use mapquest.com for directions. The hotel has a shuttle to/from the airport, which is within five miles of the hotel.

Sheraton contact info:
Four Points by Sheraton Manchester
55 John E. Devine Drive
Manchester, NH 03103
603-668-6110

If they don't know about PSUBS for the special rate when you call, tell them "Cristy" set it up for us. (she probably won't be there because she was expecting to have a baby within a day or two). If you have any problem at all, don't get uptight...send me an email and I'll call the hotel to straighten it out.

Does anyone have a LCD projector for a laptop?? We need one.

As usual, if you have a sub (in any state of development) please bring it. If you want to trade or sell something related to subs, scuba, etc., please feel free to bring them. If you have a busine! ss that can help us with sub construction or use, feel free to come sell your wares.

More details in the next couple of days.

Jon