[PSUBS-MAILIST] Trying again, Help a newbie

Hey I just joined your mailing list. I saw a sub on a TV program and
it sparked my interest, now I am looking into building one. I was
wondering if you guys could help me get a better understanding of what
I am getting into and the overall cost of such a project. The sub I
saw on TV was always positively buoyant and 'flew' around underwater
using a reverse hydrofoil to allow it to descend thus eliminating the
need for a ballast tank/system. I think that's a pretty cool idea.
What I have in mind is a WET sub, 2 man, powered by 2 12v trolling
motors and deep cycle optima batteries. Air would be provided by 2 or
4 (haven't decided) scuba tanks and both the pilot and the passenger
would use a scuba regulator (possibly a dry suit setup so we can
communicate)

I plan to sit the pilot in the rear with the passenger below and in
front of him in some sort of plastic bucket seat with a 5-point belt
like a race car, control would involve pitching both motors up and
down for ascent and decent and also for roll control (what good is a
sub if you can't do barrel rolls) and either one large rudder or 2
small ones attached to the backs of the motors. I would like a run
time of aprox 2-4 hours and a depth of 100' Add on some powerful
lights and a camera etc to the power budget. I would like to tow the
sub on a trailer.

Also this thing has to look COOL. Since I am going to have wings of
some kind I want to make it look like some sort of space fighter jet
on steroids or like a POD racer from starwars. Sub is for recreation
only.

I have done scuba diving in the past but would have to re-cert
(something I plan to do anyways) and I can weld and fabricate pretty
well (I have a 4x4 that some would consider at the extreme end of
custom)

What kind of cost am I looking at for something like this, I think I
am saving alot of money by having a WET sub and no ballast system.
Safety factor is high because the sub will return to the surface in
the event of failure as it always remains marginally positively
buoyant, and I plan to have an emergency pony bottle between my legs
in case I have to abandon ship.

Where to start....