	From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org on behalf of Dan H.
	Sent: Thu 4/28/2005 7:59 AM
	To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
	Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] glassed-in ballast tanks

	Alec,
	I think I follow what your describing.   Try it and see if your satisfied.
	Your testing will prove it, one way or the other.  I can't imagine the sub
	turning totally nose up or nose down just because of the weight placement in
	the overall design.    Now that we discussed this, I think I'm going to try
	some of the same one ballast tank tests sometime when I have help around to
	see how my sub reacts.  With the battery pods so low on the K-350, it
	shouldn't get to vertical.

	In my first sub trials I got carried away with flipping valves and got
	Persistence rocking quite a bit.  It was enough that I became concerned,
	what would happen if my 400 pounds of removable lead weights slid forward
	across the deck and ended up in a pile against the end of the hull.  I
	thought I would become a bobber for sure.

	I didn't know you had both of your air tanks plumbed in all the time.  I
	don't think the Captain designed it that way.  Most likely Dale decided on
	that.  I only have one tank connection but carry two tanks.  I run off one
	tank, and if I run low in that one, I switch the regulator over to the
	other.  I get several dives out of each tank but have decided to never take
	more then one dive out of the second tank until I replace the first.  I use
	it like a reserve tank until I get the replacement full tank on board.

	I'll be in Fla. in early June and in Europe while your in Fla.  We'll
	definitely get together in Maryland someday though.
	Keep me posted with your testing.

	Good luck, Dan H.