Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Molding lead

I just looked over the website, and my lead foundry was set up in a similar manner. I got most of my lead from a Marine Corps small arms range, they even put it in boxes for me !!! They had a difficult time getting rid of it because it was HazMat. I just signed their supply form, and they put it in my van for me. It doesn't take much for the back of the van to sag either. It's heavy.

  Bob

DJACKSON99@aol.com wrote:
Howdy Pierre

Yep, most gas BBQ's will work just fine.  Wheel weights contain 3% antimony and not just lead.   Antimony is almost as heavy, but it melts around 1150 so expect to see that collect on the surface.   Be sure to use a steel container, and not aluminum.   And you will find that you likely only have 380 pounds of lead.  The rest is steel clips and dirt.  See my site www.submarineboat.com under "Wroking with Lead" for more details and good examples of things not to do :)

Have fun
Doug J