From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Phil Nuytten
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 10:57 AM
To: INTERNET:personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: [PSUBS} Tagging Coelacanths in Africa

Message text written by INTERNET:personal_submersibles@psubs.org
><

Hi, Dave:
        No, we don't have any plan to 'manipulate' Coelacanths directly
. . . the plan is to fly a small ROV off 'Aquarius' which will do the
actual tagging. The Coelacanth are somewhat lethargic and easy to
approach - their defensive mode seems to be to go deeper or slip into
the narrow/low entrance caves in which they spend most of their time -
coming out periodically to feed. The ROV will be small enough to enter
the caves and if they go deeper - well, that's our specialty!. We will
document in HD and light with HMI's - the tags are miniature
transmitters and we will be able to develop an electronic map of the
critters froraging/feeding and hangin' out habits. We will do tagging
tests on local rockfish this year and head for SA next spring. Phil
Nuytten

automated process and should be complete within five minutes of our
server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 311
Weare, NH  03281