Subject: Re: Johnson Sealink rescue
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:12:08 -0500
From: Norman Merrell <norm-pubs@netcarrier.com>
To: Ray.Keefer@Sun.COM

Ray,

Feel free to share my email with your group. Did you
ever check out
TONGS? Here a link to a PDF document describing the
program. Note the
man in figure 3 who is closest to the photographer and
has his back to
camera. That's me. So you can say I had a very good
view of the events.

http://www.sfomc.org/TONGS.pdfhttp://www.sfomc.org/TONGS.pdf

Here is another TONGS site and it also talks of the
rescue
http://www.diveweb.com/rovs/features/044.02.htm

Is there a submarine on display near where you live?
If so, you can
check out the escape hatches. I think that WWII era
subs did not have
the international standard opening that is now used.

Here is a site I found with submarine rescue chambers
(SRC). U.S. Navy
photo N-1523C-002 photo looks very much like the SRC
we carried aboard
USS Tringa.
http://www.navsource.org/archives/08/08108.htm

By the way, what got you and your group interested in
SEA LINK?

Norman

Ray Keefer wrote:

>>Hi Norman,
>>
>>Thank you for the details.
>>
>>Can I share these with my group? Or would you rather
I keep them private?

>>Do you have, or know here I can get, details of the
"standard" escape