Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Cost of k350 hull?

Does anyone have a "ballpark" idea what a k350 hull would cost to have
fabricated with ring stiffeners and contower?  (no portholes or anything
else done)    Keeping in mind the
new and improved steel prices!

Gene

Hi Gene - I have not the actuell figures
- but if I should estimate in the blue sky:

Endcap        		= 300
Endcap        		= 300
Frame         		= 200
Frame         		= 200
Maincylinder  		= 300
Sailcylinder  		= 200
Sailstrongneck 		= 200
Stainless Hatchring     = 250
Weldwire black		=  40
Weldwire Black/white	=  60
Gas for welder 		=  40

About 2000 Dollars +-500.  :-)

Mannhours.. say one month without portholes or paints or battery pods.

8 x 5 x 4 = 80 hours + 100 % for smokeing time, dinner and looking for
tools. Say 160 hours at 30 Dollar = About 5000 Dollars +- 1000

So say making cost are from 5500 - 8500 Dollar.  :-O

If you ask somebody to do the job - say 20000 Dollar :-(

everything calculate like a milkcan - regards Carsten