Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] where can I begin?

Hi Fanta,

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you are really new at submarine design and construction. I
am sure the folks on this site will give you the benefit of their advice
and experience. They mean well but can be blunt. If you have any
exerience in marine design, machining, welding, scuba, please let us
know quick. Otherwise our approach will be with the basics. People in
the past have taken offense to that. And if you got a hot revolutionary
idea that goes against conventional thinking expect some skepticism.

To comment on your questions you either need to be more clear on what
you want to build or if you are too new to be clear then start with
learning the basics. The most basic step is to read Busby's Manned
Subersibles.

More comments below:

Fanta wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am a new in this group, I want to ask your advices, I want to build a
> submarine mono place by plastic or wood, dynamic diver.

One person.

Plastic or wood? Certainly for an Ambient design. I would stay away from
these materials for a 1 ATM design.

Dynamic diver. Like Deep Flight? That is an advanced project and
probably not suitable to an ambient design due to rapid depth changes. A
more modest version can be done in Ambient, but don't expect acrobatics.

> I have no any plans or model. Where can I find a plan or some basic
> knowledge about this?

The PSUBS Store has plans for Ambient designs. For 1 ATM go to Lake
Diver for Kittredge plans.

> If I use a model R/C submarine to take scale for a real submarine. What
> do you think about that?

That would give you an external shape. Under that shape you have to fit
all the bits: air tanks, batteries, controls... If you are doing an
Ambient designs then the external shape could be your hull. For a 1 ATM
design the pressure hull is typically a steel clylinrical pressure
vessel. That will either have to be imbeded under the external shape or
the shape changed to use it.

> Hope to hear from you
> Thank a lot
> Fanta