From: Brian Cox
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 12:46 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] I Boat Captain

Just finished a really amazing book called  I Boat Captian  written by one of the surviving (few) submarine captains of the Japanese Navy, Zenji Orita.  Translated by Joseph Harrington.  1976. Major Books.   I have no idea if the book is still available but I found it at a local used book store.  Facinating story of Japanese operational submarines in general and a touching personal account of WW2 and the of horrors of war.    Incredible that he survived the war !

Brian