Re: Update : Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] From Florida to Cape Code - Without Moving

Update : Ben Franklin Submersible "Gulf Stream Drift Mission Report"

Ken Martindale [ and anyone interested ]

I have the GSDM   [ ...sort of... ]

I had the InterLibrary Loan Dept. at my local library do a search for me.
I got a notice today that it was waiting for me in the Reference Library.
Here's the rub. I can't take it out of the library, but must review it
there.
I have it until Sept. 6th.  Unfortunately, I must leave town again
tomorrow
and won't be back until Sat. or Sun. which gives me a little over a day
to go over it.  The other problem is the spiral binding is in bad shape.
I tried copying the first few pages, but the binding started to break in
spots
so I stopped.  Also, there are 11x17 diagrams, maps, and submersible
schematics that the library copier cannot do.
It's frustrating to finally have this report, but not being able to
record/copy it.
grrrrr

The book is from the Pell Marine Science Library at the University of
Rhode Island,
Narragansett Bay Campus, RI 02882

Here are the Dewey numbers for the book :

GC296.
G9
G8

"Ben Franklin Gulf Stream Drift Mission Report"
Grumman Aerospace Corp. Ocean Systems Dept., Bethpage New York. [ pubs.]

Any pSubbers in Rhode Island or area ?  There might be more than one
copy?
The one I have temporary use of will return next week to Pell

**Note to "Rick and Marcia" <empiricus@telus.net>**

Rick,  you mentioned going to the Maritime Museum in Vancouver to take
some pics of the Ben Franklin.  That would be great !  If possible could
you also check to see if there is a museum bookstore and if they have a
copy of the GSDM on the shelf?  Thanks, --SM

cheers all, --Steve