RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] retractable forward planes

hello,

Is the retractrable planes only for transport? If so, you could only use a simple hindge and pin to lock in place...

Pierre

From: "Rick and Marcia" <empiricus@telus.net>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] retractable forward planes
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:29:28 -0700

Hello all . . .

A long time ago I designed retractable forward planes for my sub-to-be. I've since lost the paperwork and I haven't for the life of me been able to remember how I did it.

Does anyone know how the military boats do it? I could sit down and design something new but I simply don't have the time.

As I would like the planes withdrawn into the hull like a Typhoon, and not just lifted up like a diesel electric WWII fleet boat, I was thinking rack-and-pinion with a solenoid but I'd like to keep the electrics to a minimum for obvious reasons.

A lever actuated hydraulic (muscle powered) with a long throw piston at the planes end might work.

Any thoughts?  No doubt the answer is ridiculously simple.

Rick

Profitez des puissants filtres de courriels indésirables articulés sur la technologie brevetée MicrosoftMD SmartScreen. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/junkmail Commencez dès maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et obtenez les deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.