Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] selling rides

I'm curious about the selling rides part. What is considered selling a ride? I had a dream sometime back that I had a sub on the west coast and was offered money to take a biologist out for a dive. I didn't do it for cash but did a trade for lunch at Pizza Hut and expenses. Just a dream of course. Has to be since I love pizza but rarely hit PH. Anyhow, under a case like that, am I still held to the standards of selling rides?
Carl

john wrote:

Dan Here's the procedure that we did when testing Lake diver 1. Larger boat with line winch 2. Set Sub to neutral buoyancy 3. 1400 ft of 5/8 line 4. Depth sounder or sonar We dog the hatch for the outside with device I came up with Open main ballast valves and plug from outside using pipe plug into exhaust of side of valve. Tie 2 700ft lines to sub using a good knots Place sub into water Place 50lb weight belt onto sub pull pipe plugs sub will slowly sink to 600 ft Wait and hour (nerves will be tested) Then pull sub back to surface note you are only pulling 50lbs replace pipe plugs and blow air for underneath into mains Not we did this in calm weather and also we watched sub on sonar during test As far as 600 ft goes in Seneca lake we have access to 600ft very close to shore Hope this answer your questions john
let me know if youd like to do this be more than happy
to help

--- "Dan H." <jmachine@adelphia.net> wrote:

John,

I still haven't done a deep water test on my K-boat.
I've only been diving
in shallow water so far, so it's no big deal.  I
would like to do a deep
water test in the fall.  Do you have a boat, cable
and place to test?  If
so, I may be interested in hiring you to drop it in.

How many boats have you built?  When we last spoke,
you had the one you and
your dad built and the unfinished hull you were
trying to sell.  Have you
built any more then that?

How many hulls have you tested?

Dan H.