Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Starting my sub

Steven Mills schrieb:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:33:38 +0200 MerlinSub@t-online.de (Carsten
> Standfuss) writes:
>

> > > You're kidding ?  An entire P51 or just the drop tanks?
> > >
> >.................................snip.............................
> >
> > Thank you for the link - I was kidding with the P51..
> >

> Carsten,
>
> You're a rascal  :-)  Actually, I was hoping you  weren't kidding and
> were
> planning to restore a Mustang for a client [ with lots of money ]
>
> > And I found that an russian jet trainer is much cheaper than the 1-3
> > million for a Mustang..
> >
> > http://www.aero-auktion.com/jet-delfin-l29-lot-js-002.php
> > http://www.aero-auktion.com/yak-52-lot-ks-0011.php
> >

> I agree. Good link...thanks.
>
> Off topic :  Perhaps you could disspell or validate a rumor/story I heard
> while living in Germany many years ago.  In Oberammergau, there was
> a mountain, [ on the most part was hollow and cavernous ],  that was used
> by the Luftwaffe as a storage depot and assembly factory for the
> Messerschmidts.
> It was said that there were aircraft, engines and parts still in the
> crates after the war.
> It was also reported that the entrances were mined and booby trapped.
> Of course, my  imagination went wild and I tried to plot on how to enter
> this
> mountain with metal detector and liberate at least one fighter.
>
> Have you heard of this?  And, if so, true or tale?
>
> cheers, --Steve

Year we have a lot of this storys here. I saw three XXI class submarine
with my own eyes in a blown and sunken pen in hamburg - Surfacing all 12
hours during low tidde..

About the mountains storys. Many cave and caverns - but the entrance are
blow - and it cost a lot of money to remove all this rock before get
acess to the WWII rubisch.

Steve - more intessting is were all the prototyps are gone - captures by
the US-Army in 1945 - and transfered to the US-Depots
in some US-Dessert and long forgotten..

regards Carsten