Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New guy

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:04:31 -0500 "Ben Dekraker"  writes:

>I just joined the discussion group and thought I'd give a brief
>introduction.

Hi.

>My name is Benjamin DeKraker. I am a high school student in Michigan,
USA.
>I've been interested (read: obsessed) with personal subs for about a
year now
>and would like to learn as much as possible on the subject.

Obsession, here, is normal.

>I am SCUBA certified. While I am interested in all types of submarines,
I am
>most fascinated by dry-ambient designs.

What triggered that interest?

> I am also very interested in
>the "sleeker" designs such as "Deep Flight Aviator" and Alec Smyth's
>"Solo."

I love evocative machines, too.  Most of here find that kind of thing
worth knowing about.

Hey, personal thing: how do your parents react to this interest?
Or girl friend(s)?     (My parents, when I was in high school and
collecting plans and books, assumed I was nuts.  Girls?  They
either loved the idea -- well, one did -- or they avoided me.   Now
that I think about her again, I wonder where Lynn is?   Hmmm ....)

Mike Holt (former high school student)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!