Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Golf Cart Motor over Hydraulic

Pierre,

I've been giving some thought to manipulators myself.  Nothing on paper yet.
I was thinking about trying DC gear motors filled with oil.  I don't need
anything fancy, just workable.

Air over hydraulic would be good I guess.  The air over hydraulic power
packs I've seen take quite a bit of air and they generate very high pressure
hydraulics, in the 10,000 PSI range.  You don't need that for manipulators.
I've seen an air over hydraulic system where they simply filled a canister
with oil and injected air above the oil. The oil comes out at the same
pressure as the applied air.  Only thing is, after using the pressurized oil
you have to vent the remaining air and return the oil to the canister.  The
advantage is that your controlling oil and not cushiony air.

Let me know what your thinking about in a manipulator.  Maybe our needs are
similar.
I was thinking it would make a good winter project.

Dan H.