Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Launched Persistence!

Welcome aboard !

I haven't come across any "individuals" from Japan [ on the web ]
building psubs. There are plenty of references to AUVs/ROVs
and robotics from Japan, but these are funded  by gov't, corporations
and universities.

However, I have met 3 people from Japan who came to the US to pursue
personal projects mainly for the reason that Japan was too expensive
in both cost of space and materials.  2 were building surface craft and
one young lad came here to build a plane.  I didn't keep track of the
first
two, but I do know the fellow who built his plane was successful, because
he was camped-out [ and I mean that literally...he lived in a tent for a
long
while ] at an aircraft boneyard where he scavenged for parts.  After 5
years
he flew that bird out of a dirt strip located on the junkyard.

Perhaps someone in the group might know someone or reference in Asia.
If you start building, you just may be the first  : )   You came to the
right
place to get started !

--Steve

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:36:13 +0900 Yukihiko Yoshida
<yukihiko@sfc.keio.ac.jp> writes:
> Hello from TOKYO,
>
> I am planning to have personal submersibles in Japan.
>
> Is there any example in Asia ?
>
> Yours Sincerely,
> Yukihiko YOSHIDA
>
> 3 Elements of the world:   Joy / Fun / Love
> --Yuk;-)iko YOSHIDA
> Yukihiko YOSHIDA
> A Roue,Systems Humanist/Generalist -artist researcher-
> Research Fields: Cyborg,Media Technologies,Dance
> <.org>
> e-mail address : yukihiko@sfc.keio.ac.jp
> webpage: http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/

> 	removeme-personal_submersibles@psubs.org